M. Tech in Civil Engineering is a 2 year postgraduate professional degree program. This program includes designing, supervision and construction activities for public works like dam construction, buildings, roads, bridges, airports, sewage systems etc. M. Tech Civil Engineering offers multitude of career opportunities in different sectors. This course is very important and valuable as it opens amazing job options for the candidates after the completion.
M. Tech Civil Engineering program imparts advanced knowledge in the field of specialization and prepares students for a bright career in research, industries and academic organizations. The specialization options in M. Tech Civil Engineering include structural engineering, environmental engineering, geotechnical engineering, water resources, hydraulics engineering and construction technology, and management.
At Indo Global College, students are given exposure to specific specializations by extending their prior knowledge through meticulous set of advanced courses. The degree is awarded after two year specialization program in any one of the streams of the civil engineering. These two years are further divided into 4 semesters.
M. Tech Civil Engineering program at Indo Global College provides• Apart from classroom teaching, technical sessions with the subject specialists are made available through online sessions and video conferencing
• Special courses are also offered to improve the competence in technical communication, soft skills etc.
• Students are encouraged to participate in workshops and live projects
• Projects are focused on thrust areas and the students are encouraged to publish their research work in journals and conferences
How is the M. Tech Civil Engineering course beneficial?• Acquiring M. Tech Civil Engineering degree equips a student not only with the sound knowledge but develops good administrative and supervisory skills too
• The program adds value to the education and many other benefits in the long run
• As there will always be requirements of construction of new building structures, so the demand of civil engineers will always be there for the construction, maintenance and repairing. The demand of civil engineers is never-ending.
• This degree offers immense scope and tremendous job opportunities
• The M. Tech Civil Engineering degree holders can find amazing employment options as supervisor on the construction site and also managerial positions
• M. Tech Civil Engineering degree holders can engage themselves in research as well as a teaching faculty in government and private sectors.
Eligibility• The eligibility criterion for pursuing the M.Tech Civil Engineering degree is having a Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or other equivalent branch of engineering
• Admission to this program is based on the merit list of Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE)
Civil engineers are in great demand to build and repair structures and current facilities or to construct the new structures and buildings. Postgraduates after pursuing M. Tech Civil Engineering can work as:
• Project engineer
• Civil engineering specialist
• Executive manager
This lab deals with building materials & structural engineering. Here testing of building materials of is conducted all kinds. Cement Testing, Brick Testing, Concrete Compressive strength, Flexure strength of concrete beams, Concrete Mix Design (Detailed & nominal), Steel (Complete Tests), Timber Tests are done.
Structural Analysis Lab
Equipped with various instruments for structural analysis of different materials like steel beams, cantilevers, trusses etc.
Transportation Engg. Lab
This lab deals with road construction materials. Various tests taught to the students are – Aggregate Test, Crushing Value, Abrasian Value, Imoact. Shape Test, Flakiness Index, Sieve Analysis, Sp. Gr. and Water Absorption, Stripping Test.
Bituminous Test, Penetration Test, Ductility Test, Softening Point Test, Flash and Fire Point Test, Viscosity Test, Bitumen Extraction Test.
Environmental Engg. Lab
In this lab students learn water & effluent testing: Consultancy services are also provided for
1. Water Testing
2. Effluent Testing, BOD, COD Testing
3. pH value, acidic value and viscosity of solution.
Computer Aided Design Lab
This lab possesses the latest software and computers required for structural solutions and design in Civil Engineering. The laboratory is equipped with AUTOCAD, STAAD, PRO, Windows XP, Ms-Office, Visual Studio, Audio Visual aids to technical and non-technical problems using computers. The department undertakes a number of National Level Projects.
Solid Mechanics Lab
Tensile Test and Compression Tests are done on computerized Universal Testing Machine.
This lab has equipments for -
1. Bearing Capacity of Soil by SPT Test & Plate Load Test.
2. Consolidation Test
3. CBR Test
4. Triaxial test
5. Direct Shear Test
Sieve Analysis, Hydrometer Analysis, Specific Gravity Test, Moisture Content, Field density, void ratio, degree of saturation, Relative density test, Atterberg limits, Compaction test, Unconfined compression test, Disturbed Undisturbed sampling, Failing head permeability test.
Fluid Mechanics Lab
Equipped with latest and automated testing machines for various kinds of flows and conducting extensive surveying.
4-6 weeks Industrial Training/Internship after semesters 4 and 6.
The present batch has had the experience of being part of the training internship programmes of eminent organizations like the public Works, Departments of various States, Syal & Associates, Mohali; NHPC Ltd., Distt. Chamba; B.L. Kashyap & Sons Ltd., New Delhi; NTPC Ltd. Distt. Bilaspur; Engineers India Ltd., New Delhi; Reliance Energy Ltd., Noida (UP); Uni Tech Limited, Gurgaon; Omaxe Constructions, Kalkaji, New Delhi; NCC Ltd., Panchkula (Haryana).