For undergraduates, Indo Global Colleges - the best Architecture College in Chandigarh, offers a 5-year professional program leading to the Bachelor of Architecture degree. The program comprises of 10 semesters and focuses on the subjects ranging from engineering, technology and arts to professional practice of architecture. B. Arch program aims at attaining a high level of excellence in architectural design supported by lateral inputs from other subjects.
Doing B. Arch course at Indo Global Colleges ranked in top Architecture Colleges in Punjab North India, students learn to communicate ideas through drawings and models, working fluidly and seamlessly between all modes of digital and analog representations. All students spend their first 3 years following the core curriculum designed to lay a strong foundation for architectural education. During the final four semesters, students are encouraged to work across disciplines focusing on an intellectually speculative and rigorous course of study.
Students are also exposed to wide range of subjects and elective courses to equip them with the skills and knowledge required to deal with regional, economic, cultural and technological diversity of India.
B. Arch Program is Aimed• To stimulate sensitivity and unveil creative talents
• To reinforce the intellectual capabilities and develop proficiency in the technical and professional skills that allow them to pursue alternative careers within broad spectrum of architecture.
• To provide excellent career opportunities to the students to try out the role they will play as responsible members of the society
Keeping in view the above objectives, the program aims at attaining the highest level of excellence in architectural design with sound knowledge in construction. Each year of the study concentrates on a thematic base and supported by theoretical understanding and related knowledge. Students are encouraged to design their individual design approach with an understanding of designing architecture through the analysis of theories, history of ideas, and cultural agenda which constitute the base for an architectural outcome.
Program Structure• The first year curriculum includes studios for architectural design, drawing and communication, building construction and materials and practical courses for model workshop. The theoretical courses include theory of structures, history of art, building construction, history of human settlements and climatology and environmental studies.
• Second year curriculum includes the same subjects in continuation with the first year. The theoretical courses covered are building services, history of architecture and theory of structures.
• In the third year of B. Arch course advanced computer application is added to the curriculum along with studios for architectural design, building construction and materials. The theoretical courses in the third year include history and theory of architecture, building services, and theory of structure along with quantities, specification, estimation and contract management.
• The fourth year curriculum includes research work. The design studio involves urban design or group housing. The course curriculum includes contract management, professional practice, town planning and theory of structures.
• The fifth and final year comprises of practical training during which students undertake apprenticeship with any registered architect in an organization which provides services related to designing and construction. The work includes assistance in designing, preparation of construction drawing and documentation, visits to construction sites and attending the meetings with clients.
Eligibility and Admission• Candidate must have completed their 10+2 examination with mathematics and English as compulsory subjects with at least 50% marks
• Candidates having 10+3 year diploma in any stream can also apply for B. Arch program
The institute is integral part of Indo Global Education City established in a huge campus of 54 acres with majestic mountains casting their benevolent shadow. The environment -friendly campus, with its scenic motorable road is 18kms.from P.G.I. Chandigarh, off Kurali-Chandigarh road at village Abhipur, District Mohali.
To enrich the society with new generation of world class Architects and leaders in the field of Architecture by imparting state of art, quality and value based education.
To Evolve architects through value-based education with components like: Quality Education, Work Culture, Human Values, Personality Development, Team Work Discipline.