B. Tech - Computer Science and Engineering is an undergraduate 4-year degree program offered at Indo Global College, Chandigarh. The fundamental objective of this course is to provide students with the opportunity to develop a firm foundation in mathematics, science and design the methodology of computing systems. In this course, students learn about theoretical foundations of information, computation, its implementation and function in computer systems.
After passing B. Tech Computer science and Engineering, engineers mostly develop software and hardware systems for various aspects of computing. The syllabus of this course is spread over 8 semesters where students learn about basic engineering techniques. In the first year, it includes subjects like physics, chemistry, mathematics and engineering drawing. From the second year onwards, they are focused on the core subjects including data structures, computer networks, programming, web technologies, operating systems, digital logic, databases and computer architecture and theoretical computer science.
After the completion of the course, graduates become engineering professionals, leaders, innovators and practitioners to solve several technical problems in industry.
Highlights of our B. Tech Computer Science & Engineering Program• Curriculum based on recommendations of IEEE-ACM
• Right combination of courses from basic Science, Humanities, Engineering and Computer Science
• Mathematics courses to supplement computer science requirements
• Innovative use of tools and programming languages like Raptor, Python and Visual Java etc.
• Project based courses to integrate theoretical and practical aspects of computer science and technology
• Industry case studies in courses like Database management, software engineering and data mining
• Courses reflecting the latest industry trends like cloud computing, data mining, service oriented architecture, big data analytics and OS for smart devices etc.
• Curriculum prepares students for internship in industries and exchange programs
• Open labs for tech Greeks and coders to take up the competitive coding
• Extensive practical exposure to a range of software and hardware on subjects related to the curriculum
After Completing B.Tech Computer Science and Engineering Programs, Students Gain• Ability to design software and hardware system, and the process to meet the desired requirements within the required constraints.
• Knowledge of statics and probability including application to computer science and engineering
• Knowledge of algorithms and data structures
• Ability to apply design and development principles in designing of software systems
• Knowledge of concepts of computer programming languages
• Problem analysis and solution design
• Ability to apply mathematics, computer science theory and algorithm principles in modeling and designing of computer-based systems
Career opportunities after B. Tech Computer Science and Engineering• Software development and programming
• Information system operations and management
• Telecommunication and networking
• Web and internet
• Data mining specialization
• Image processing, graphics and multimedia
• Training and support
• Computer science research
Eligibility• 10+2 passed with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English as compulsory subjects
• The students must have secured a min. of 50% marks in PCM
• Students must have a valid AIEEE score card
Indo Global College is affiliated to Punjab Technical University and all our B. Tech programs are approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE). The curriculum of B. Tech Computer Science & Engineering program at Indo Global College enables students to evolve into professional competent engineers of the future, ready to take the challenges of the industry.
Students are provided with extensive practical exposure to a range of software and hardware on subjects relating to the curriculum. An overview of the facilities made available to the students is given below:
OPERATING SYSTEM LAB
These labs, are being used for practical courses on C, C++, Data-structures. Algorithms and Computer Networks. The lab have recently been upgraded with 30 latest Pentium 4 machines. Also they are equipped with Window 2003 Programming. Cyrix Server with range of network equipment which includes D-Link Switch, Radio Modem, Hubs, Patch Panel etc. The lab. Provides for on-hand experience in Networking using Windows 2003 Environment. It also has Linux and Navell Netware licensed operating systems.
MULTIMEDIA & GRAPHICS LAB
The Multimedia Graphics Lab. Serves for practical sources in Computer Graphics. This lab is equipped with 30 Pentium 4 based multimedia PCs. Also the lab. Boasts of an Acer Altos Server. The lab. Provides working experience in Windows and Linux environments. This lab. also has licensed Adobe Photoshop on all machines.
The lab is primarily for practical courses on Microprocessors. The lab. is equipped with 10 trainer kits of 8085, 8086 & Z-80 (Oscilloscopes, Frequency Counters, Function Generators, Pulse Generators, Dual Output Power Supplies, Logic Design Trainer Kits, IC Tester Distortion Factor Meter and other cards and Peripherals.
ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE LAB
This lab is provided with Mat Lab and other related Softwares with neural Network and Fuzzy Logic tool boxes for giving students.
This lab also has 30 Pentium –IV machines with Oracle 10, for giving students practical knowledge of data base management.
INTERNET NET LAB
This lab is solely used for the purpose of internet surfing by all students of the college.
The department is also equipped with Automatic Slide Projector, Over Head Projector and LCD Projector for use during seminars and conferences. Besides the lab. specific equipment, the department also has some common lab. facilities which are used as per requirement of the students. These include a Compaq Laptop, Digital Camera, Video Camera and Web Cameras.
The department keeps itself updated with the latest software required for proper functioning of the labs and to meet the needs of the students. The computers of the department are equipped with Windows XP, AutoCAD, Ms-Office, Borland C++ and relevant software. Apart from these facilities available in the department, students are also exposed to networking facility available in the Computer lab.
As a part of the curriculum, all the students have to undergo 6 weeks and 6 month industrial training. The training takes place at the end of 1 st year and at the end of 3 rd year. The students of this college have worked as interns in leading organizations such as HCL, TCS, C-DOT, ALCATEL, ICICI INFOTECH, HFCL, L&T, CHEYODA, PUNCOM, QUARK, PCL, DCL, MAX INDIA, CSIO, TRIDENT, HUGES, SIEMENS, FUITSU, to name a few and have brought appreciation from these organisations.