Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com) is a three-year undergraduate degree program that imparts in-depth knowledge and broad understanding of accounts and financial management to the students. The course is designed to provide students with a wide range of managerial skills, at the same time building competence in a particular area of business. Students are exposed to general business principles through courses in business management, finance, HR, accounting, marketing and economics.
During 3-year degree program, students are given live projects related to finance, laws, accounting, policies concerning commerce, financial decision making, wealth management, financial statement analysis, marketing etc. with a view supplement their theoretical understanding with practical knowledge.
Program structureB.Com program is suitable for those who have completed their 10+2 and looking for a career in modern business world. The curriculum is designed to provide in-depth knowledge and skills in the basic functional areas of commerce so that students can build their career with strong foundation. After successful completion of the course, students can go for higher academic studies or join any industry or trade of their choice. Each year of B.Com program at Indo Global College is divided into two semesters. For experimental and practical learning, students undertake applied projects. Students are also exposed to state-of-art tools and techniques, and provided industrial-orientation and training.
Program objectives• To build strong foundation in the areas of commerce
• To develop knowledge and skills of applying techniques and concepts used in commerce
• To expose students about entrepreneurship
• To integrate knowledge, skill and attitude that will sustain an environment of learning and creativity
• To develop an attitude to work efficiently and effectively in a business environment
• To enable a student to be capable of making decisions easily at personal and professional level
Program outcomesTowards the end of program students will be able to:
• Develop ability to effectively communicate
• Process information by effective use of IT tools
• Develop awareness and self-confidence on general issues
• Understanding of required mathematical, statistical and analytical tools for financial and accounting analysis
• Exposure to complex commerce issues and finding their solutions
Program features• Activity based teaching and learning
• Case studies and problem solving
• Projects and presentation
• Workshops of technology use
• Active use of library and e-resources
• Overview of computerized accounting system including salient features and significance, codification of accounts, maintain the hierarchy of ledger, concept of grouping of accounts, generating accounting reports etc.
• Hands on practice on tally
Career opportunitiesAfter completion of B.Com, graduates can work in different fields like business management, administration, banking, finance, accounting, economic analysis, portfolio management, policy formulation, foreign affairs, international business, fund management, consulting etc. in both private and public sectors.
Eligibility CriteriaAll the students who have passed 10+2 exam in any stream are eligible for this course. The minimum marks required in 10+2 is 33% for commerce students, 40% for students who have opted two subjects out of (a) Accountancy (b) Business Studies (c) Economics (d) Mathematics (e) Office Management and Secretarial Practice (f) Principle and Practice of Insurance (g) Tax Procedure and Practice & 45% for others